During your hospital stay, please consider future payment for services. Services at Jefferson Community Health Center may be paid by commercial insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or by the patient.
• Commercial insurance — When you were admitted, you were asked to show your insurance card to ensure proper submission of your bill. We will file your bill with your insurance carrier. Avadyne, a payment center contracted by JCHC, will notify you when your responsibility for the bill is determined.
• Medicare — We will submit your bill to Medicare. If you have a supplemental insurance or Medicaid in addition to Medicare, please notify the admission staff. We will also submit your bill to your supplemental insurance.
• Medicaid — We will submit your bill to Medicaid for payment. Please bring your Medicaid Eligibility Card when you are admitted. If you have a Medicaid application pending, or will be making an application soon, please notify the admissions staff. The Nebraska Medicaid Program pays for covered medical services for those persons who are unable to afford to pay for medically necessary services and who meet certain eligibility requirements. The local navigator for the Health Insurance Marketplace can help you with Medicaid application, or you can call the local office of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services at (402) 729-6168 for an appointment.
• Private pay — The patient is responsible to pay the total charges. A statement will be sent to the patient by Avadyne, a payment center contracted by JCHC. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all of your options and enroll. You can apply for private insurance, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP.) Open enrollment runs from Nov. 1 through Jan. 31 each year. You may apply at other times if you have had a life change (such as marriage, having a baby, losing your health insurance coverage, etc.) The local navigator is Cortney Hartz, Blue Valley Community Action, 620 Fifth St., Fairbury. For information or to make an appointment, call (402) 729-2278, extension 136.
• Charity care — JCHC provides assistance to patients who apply and meet the federal poverty guidelines. Forms will be given to patients upon request. For more information, contact the business office at (402) 729-3351. For more information click here to see Financial Assistance Information
If you have a question about your bill, filing with insurance etc., please call the business office at (402) 729-3351.